# #peripheral, 3 ball tricks, 2 ball tricks, 3 heavy balls, 5 heavy balls, 9 balls flashing, 5 balls, 7 balls, 3 balls, 254 minutes
#peripheralList, outcome, after trying everything out:
: ___ .. 3b casc. .. 2b-01414
.. 3b freestyle, fastest, reverse-mix, (single) back of hand, (single) claws, (single) penguins, (single) backcrosses ( short spotting required so far ) .. 3b 4 2=ELCURL 3
.. 3b elcrook stalls ( 3_THROW_INTO_STALL 3 3 3_WITH\WHILE_2nd_BALL_STALLED 3_TAKE_STALL_REACHOVER_INTO_COLUMN_THERE
) .. contact butterflies (str'hd) .. catching bbb, fx, rev bx, (except w'hd st
) .. 3b box (synch, try a bit only until it `clicks´) .. 3b-441
(great!) .. 3b roll-to-elcrook-and-flick .. 3b roll-past-wrist-and-take-up .. gorilla flicks.
- difficult \unclear yet
: ___ .. 3b inv box ( rather: yes, with some practise ) .. 5b casc low ( rather not ).
- refuted \adjourned
: ___ .. 3c casc (spins need constant spotting) .. contact anything incl. weakhand .. 1c flourishes (rather with looking) .. ball spinning (needs watching the ball) .. pinball (awkward, mabe at most with 1b learning).
costa rica : serbia
trying out more ideas out of my 3b repertoire today:3b casc "roll-to-elcrook-flicks"
- 7 mins - ___ jus' perfect in a 4-count. difficult in a 2-count so far.3b casc "roll-to-el-and-take-from-there-while-rolling", resp. 2b (for w'hd)
- 4 mins - ___ same, 4-count okay. Even makes sense to put one ball away for weakhand.
(river's meadow)3b 200gr, freestyle, misc - ~10 min. 5 heavy balls, 200 gr casc - ~5 min.9b flashing - ~35 min.
___ Not 8 gathers. Two launches nearly worth 9 c, all spotted, landing `slowly´, bad catching with full hands. Once 12 throws.
germany : mexico3b casc gorilla flicks
- 19 mins - ( = with fingers bent inward (almost fist), then flick up with back of fingers ) ___ took a while, unstable, throwing, more than flicking, until I got it fluent and better flicking; still liable to become droppy. Okay so far as an option, but does a bit not seem to make sense to have to do it with handicap.
Am through with trying everything out, so now can do what I've been keen to redo what was most fun and-or most fluent (elcurls, 441, catching blind behind).2b elcurls
( in a 02ELC2T33
way ) - 25 mins - ___ Not trivial. Around 5 in a row (and in a rhythm). Sometimes my chest helping with the curlover or inhibiting a drop. Needs strong(er) concentration.3b-441
- 4 mins - ___ .
(sport's parking)5b casc varied - ~5 min.7b casc - ~48 min.
, 49, 49, 61, 60, 57
, 53, 43, 52 throws' runs longer than 40 t. ___ [ daily7b III: 61
brazil : switzerland3b-441
- 76 mins - ___ worked myself up from several early around 33 throws runs to later several over 50, then 66 and 63 throws today's best. Didn't very much get to trying nicer, wider Ones, but rather went back to stable on failing those.2b-01414
- 4 mins - ___ Not trivial, still, in the beginning, a bit puzzling to find into.
Rather felt like dulling the trivial ..3b casc
- 12 mins - ___ I think, one longer 7-8 or more minutes run (if not there might have been a forced collect amidst?).
Total practice time: 254 minutes
15th June 2018
# #peripheral, 3 balls, 5 balls, 9 balls flashing, 7 balls, 3 ball tricks, 3 clubs basics, 2 ball tricks, 156 minutes
morocco : iran
( cf. https://www.jugglingedge.com/forum.php?ThreadID=3301 : )
3b casc - 21 mins - ___ 13 drops :o( one forced collect. longest runs upto 4½ mins. ___ balls crossing the monitor aren't a problem, as, first, they're fast, second, balls are too near to cover both eyes' view. ___ never intended any reverse throws, but my hands did reverse bail outs ``all by themselves´´; also saved a few collisions back to pattern. __ seemed to run best when fully focussed on the game (ugly game, many fouls), felt like walking then.___ when my wades got tensed from standing straight, bent my knees a bit or swayed from one foot to the other.
overall a good exercise, .. chills, reveals basic flaws (it was weakhand mostly failed).
5b casc varied - ~10 min.9b flashing - ~20 min.
___ My minimum once 8 gathers.7b casc - ~25 min.
___ 45, 55 throws' runs longer than 40 t. ___ [ daily7b III: 55
portugal : spain3b inv box
- 8 mins - too droppy, possible, an option, but a bit too challenging for the moment, can't really watch the game.3c casc singles
- 12 mins - short runs to collect, still drops, spins need spotting it seems. unapt for peripheral (for me).2b-01414
- 9 mins - tricky .. landed in a mix with °423
°, didn't click yet. had to focus on the pattern, even though plain looking
the game, missed ronaldo's 2 : 1 and couldn't have told, how it happened.
- 14 mins - ___ much better, got it very low, fluent and speedy and caught Costa's 2 : 2 and Nacho's 2 : 3 with one eye or one and half.5b casc
- 16 mins - ___ hardly over a qualify, best runs around 14 catches. An option, if I manage to get used to doing while looking through the pattern and downward on the tv set, or to respectively position my tv higher; else not.3b casc, freestyle, div
- 16 mins - ___ intended to chill with a smoothly stable 3b cascade, but from a few reverse throws that unintendedly ``happened´´ - and I let
it happen and go on - got into a reverse + normal mix, then into freestyling including back of hand, claws, even backcrosses are possible with a brief look for spotting their catch ( like when waiting for a corner or a free kick ). Then stuck a while with 4 2=ELCURL 3
which worked a couple 'a times, but got many fails after that. Also cascade with an elcrook-stall
is possible, though also can get droppy.
[ to be continued
, roughly scheduled: ]contact butterfliescontact arm to arm horizontal1c flourishes ball spinning1b bbb, or 3b pinball style 3b box3b-441..
overall a bit unsatisfying doing ``handicapped´´ all the time and droppy a lot, so ..
.. so, felt like really
juggling a bit for epilogue. 5b casc
- 5 mins - ___
a bit groggy now of all that switchin' and hoppin' from this to that, changing indoor\outdoor spot and back, plus documenting in between.
Total practice time: 156 minutes
14th June 2018
# 7 balls, 9 balls flashing, #injuries, 5 balls, 135 minutes
5b casc varied - ~10 min.
9b flashing - ~25 min. ___ [timeline:] 8 g(athers), ,,, 3 x 8 g, 10 t(hrows), ,, . That little ligament in my shoulder hurt, so rather put two balls away after it didn't get better in a while.
7b casc - ~100 min. ___ [timeline:] ,,,, 66 (°yeahj°), 41, ,,, 43 (fought for after a bad, tensed phase), 43 cl, , throws' runs longer than 40 t. ___ [ daily7b III: 66 ]
Total practice time: 135 minutes
Location: concrete area among fields
13th June 2018
# 9 balls flashing, #StagesOfLearning, 7 balls, 5 balls, 250 minutes
pre-session: second day in a row becoming notably fresher, colder now even, now 17°-19°C; seems like great conditions for good arms, good practise, .. hope its not too cold.
Was mild or fresh rather than cold.5b casc varied - ~12 min.9b flashing - ~125 min.
:] ,,, 10 t(hrows), 8 g(athers), 11 t into 7 g, ,,, did a few mins as low as can here, 8 g, ,,, three x 8g, 11 t, 8 g, ,,, 11 t.
different ways of doing or focus on:
- keep first ball spotted for timing and orientation for pattern's shape of the rest,
- do more fromout near the middle (also = low crossing point) plus aiming by handthrust and angles only (fire 'em all up from there),
- do more near my body - imagined a ``wall´´ right in front of me that I should be doing within,
- I have come back to `splitting´ the launch into two slow first throws, then fire up restly 7b fully automized, .. used to hesitate after the first two throws and keep their slow rhythm, .. now I just go right into firing up restly 7b at sudden
(!) higher full speed ( slightly increasing height; and without hesitating; not even really aiming ), so that it's more of an all-of-a-piece launch, just not the first two throws hurried too, but those aimed well. #SoL7b casc - ~113 min.
___ Long time bad, somewhat used up arms, at first: (37, 39), 41, (39, 37), then became better, fresher, almost `unleashed´, but for shoulders burning just a bit: 50
, 44, 53
throws longest runs. ___ [ daily7b III: 53
Total practice time: 250 minutes
Location: concrete area among fields
12th June 2018
# 9 balls flashing, 7 balls, 5 balls, #jugglingSpots, 145 minutes
new spot: just high enough for 9b .. roof's gable beam serving for symmetry .. but queer light with notable contrast, two long transparent rows in the roof providing light, but also always disturbing as background; then also light shining in from the open sides of the hall when catching.
5b casc varied - ~10 min.
9b flashing - ~75 min. ___ Two times 8 gathers in a row. Once 11 throws.
7b casc - ~60 min. ___ 47, 46, 45 throws' runs longer than 40 t. Often felt good, did swift well. ( fresh temperatures gave good arms ) ___ [ daily7b III: 47 ]
Total practice time: 145 minutes
Location: nearby school´s roofed bikepark
11th June 2018
# 9 balls flashing, 7 balls, 5 balls, 215 minutes
5b casc varied - ~20 min.
9b flashing - ~105 min. ___ Three times 8 gathers, many almosts. A few more or less close to 9 c in sight. With rethrows: 11 (into 6 gathers), 10, 14 (1 g lol), 10, 11 (6 g) throws' launches \runs.
7b casc - ~90 min. ___ 41, 43, 47, 55 throws' runs longer than 40 t. ___ [ daily7b III: 55 ]
Today's ``highlights´´: 14 throws of 9b ( no matter into total collapse - it's still 5 precious throws of 9b "juggled" ), a relieving 55 throws of 7b run.
Total practice time: 215 minutes
Location: concrete area among fields
10th June 2018
# 7 balls, 3 heavy balls, 9 balls flashing, 3 clubs tricks, 5 heavy balls, 5 balls, 8 balls, 330 minutes
( warm, mostly no wind, overall mostly wearisome for the challenging 9b and 7b )
3c tricks - ~12 min ___ 34530 ( single double triple single\double ) - too low and underspun 5-s had been wrong here yesterday. after I noticed and corrected this, got four times the sequence in one run with cascade in between (among best runs of this, that is). The second 3 tends to come as double, but doesn't seem to matter.
___ tried some rev flat fronts, inside and outside, into collapse - thought this for them landing as used to, instead into bottleneck grip.
3b 200gr, freestyle, misc - ~70 min. ___ fastest with rev--rev--normal--normal. ___ 441 - a bit better than with clubs yesterday. ___ 524RO13 - long time no see. ___ a bit on handback + claw next.
5 heavy balls, 200 gr casc - ~10 min.
9b flashing - ~65 min. ___ Once 8 gathers. Didn't feel like fresh enough arms, and not like improving any, so as a ``compromise´´ did some ..
8b wimpy - ~3 min. ___ long time no see. ___ but nothing, too droppy .. stopped. Had gotten five pairs (10 t) thrown at least, then stopped.
7b casc - ~70 min. ___ 43, 49 throws' runs longer than 40 t. ___ [ daily7b III: 49 ]
[ ~25 min break ]
5b casc varied - ~10 min. ___ re-warmup.
7b casc - ~90 min. ___ (nothing, unfresh, weary)
Best things today: four rounds of 34530, and greater diversity of the session again with more options \doors, and chances on improving at least on miscellaneous tricks.
Total practice time: 330 minutes
Location: shady rivershore-meadow