Posting a link to a Tweet on the Edge now makes auto-embedding magic happen.
"Citing a quotation doesn't necessarily make it true or interesting." - The Void.
— The Void (@TheVoidTLMB) October 21, 2015
Oh, yeah, that's a good point. Hashtags within the Tweet will link to Twitter, those outside will link to the Edge.
That's the tweet I was going to test-post, so it must be true. ;-)
Alright, let's have a go of a picture tweet too....
Good clickers! MoNKe started off well tonight. Onwards! #kendama #けん玉 https://t.co/dNuPTbIBkJ >Events>MonthlyMondays pic.twitter.com/eCDTtRzEMF
— The Void (@TheVoidTLMB) October 12, 2015
Hey orin! While we are still talking about new stuff........I just had an idea!!! For once in my life;) alright here it is...
Imagine that in-between the records and the logs section links on the top of the page, there is a section that says "tricks", or something like that. And when you click on it, you are taken to a page where you can post boss tricks, like 7 up 1080s connected to back-crosses.....
And taking it a step further, you could have a rating system. So if you like somebody’s trick, you can give it 5 stars........."phew" I got it out of my brain before I forgot it.........What do you say orin?? Bad idea, good idea, boss idea, DISGUSTING idea??
A section to vote on who has the best imaginary trick? I'm going to give that one a miss...
Like, you post a video of you doing the trick..........An imaginary trick would be cool though;)
I'm pretty sure that a link to juggling.tv would achieve exactly what you want. You can upload videos of awesome tricks there, and people can vote on them, and add comments too.
now, I WOULD use JTV.......but I'm not patient enough to go through the uploading process........
Well, this has veered nicely off-topic, hasn't it?
So, do you mean uploading videos (to anywhere) generally? Or is there something specific about JTV that you find difficult? If it's the upload time, then that's dependant on your file size and internet connection, not the website in question. Compressing can ultimately often save you time: http://juggling.tv/compress.php *
* Wow, VidZap 8.3 is really behind schedule.
I think my main problem is that I don't compress my videos. I'm not patient enough to go through one more stupid process.........I like to get things done FAST with no nonsense.....
Alright here are my problems with JTV:
1. I don't like having to "Select 1 to 3 Style Channels for your video" and "Select 1 to 3 Prop Channels for your video."
2. I don't like not being able to see that uploading process. I like being able to see if it's 3%, 43% or 90% uploaded.
3. I wish there was a way to upload videos off of youtube........for example, the other day I wanted to upload some of my youtube videos to JTV but I couldn't find a way to do it.....
1. That's a minimum of 2 clicks. Is it really that time-consuming? These are there to help make JTV more organised, which means a) YOU will be better able to find videos, and b) other people will be more likely/able to find YOUR videos. Sorry, we won't be changing this.
2. Okay, there's a problem here. We have an upload progress bar! If you are on iOS 6 (invisible) or iOS 7 (non-progressing), it doesn't work properly. From iOS 8, it's working fine. If you're not on those platforms, please tell us what platform/browser you are on. The JTV Quality Controller is on the end of
qc @ juggling . tv
3. Directly? No, for all sorts of reasons. But you could use a ripper/downloader/browser extension to grab the highest resolution mp4 file that YT uses, and then upload that to JTV. But given your point 1, I suspect you won't go for that. ;-)
In regards to point #3:
Downloading videos from Youtube is easy, as long as you uploaded the video:
Youtube --> creator studio --> video manager --> select 'Download MP4' from edit dropdown clickbox
I've just started playing around with Twitter a bit more. If that's your thing please follow my personal account @JonRelf so I can find you & you can help show me around. I've also set up @JugglingEdge but don't know what to do with it yet.
Well, you could auto post "New #juggling event added to The Juggling Edge: [link to event page]". And how about the same for every new record?
I've just plugged the latest events feed into https://twitterfeed.com/. Let's see how that works.
And how about the same for every new record?
I'd like to attract followers.
Subscribe to this forum via RSS
1 article per branch
1 article per post
Green Eggs reports