View all log users
5b casc varied - 10 min.
7b casc - 40 min. 51, 51 throws longest runs (next best was 45 two or three times, maybe once 47). [ daily7b II: 51 ]
3b casc varied: piroujoggling - 3 min. #inventions #exercises - run + keep turning - difficult, but got it with about no/one/two drops per lane.
Total practice time: 53 minutes
Location: sports area´s parking area
30' - 3b rev casc varied - almost more to say here, than it actually lasted in realtime:
- Having had bad starts with 5b rev a lot, I figured varying 3b rev was a good idea.
- First revealed: a strongly tensed weakhand, even some recalcitrant small muscle in that forearm, which indeed explains my bad starts with 5b rev.
- with notably bent knees, I exaggerated wiggling (shoulder belt & hips, whole body in fact) to get the pattern running well,
- every once in a while I tended to do corrections as regular cascade throws ( I don't have that with 5b .. there's just no free space inside the pattern for that then ).
- Did step back 'n forth - ok,
- turn slowly once around anti- & clockwise - soso, needed full concentration to get full turns,
- pulse high\\low - ok,
- tried to find into an easy small low pattern - ok after a while
- wide - the "tendency" to correct with normal throws was an ""urge" here, but I got it pretty wide, but not easily,
- pulse wide\\narrow,
- pulse high & narrow \\ low & wide .. then also high & wide mixed into - all hard (anything with wide is hard), but got it all mixed once,
- more small low easy, now with stepping back 'n forth and peripheral view, gazing with #focus on background wall or changing focus on and concentrating on looking at different things on the bookshelf there (almost sort of completely forgetting the juggle) - took a while to get it pretty automized and a few steps back 'n forth.
85' - 5b rev casc - 79, 72, 82, 82 cl, 103, 89, 71, 97, 105, 99, 99 throws longest runs. Also here, need to ``settle´´, once I get the `perfect´ pattern (and motion & rhythm & mindstate & ado), need to stay in that stable pattern.
Total practice time: 115 minutes
Location: indoors low ceiling
Conditions near perfect.
9b flashing - 15 min. Three times 7 gathers. Short stint, meant mainly as preparation for 7b, which gave a slightly different (more sophisticated) mindset: do what I can and see what I get and focus rather on accurracy (not really "going for it" a lot).
7b casc - 96 min. After a while without any notable long runs (didn't have any 9b-effect today), got a 51 throws' run, right before that, I had tried to - at about 27 t - pull a pattern down, that went well, but was a bit too high, but went into collapse. So, after that 51 t run, did a few exercises [*see below]. 51, [*], 53, 43, 57 cl throws longest runs. [ daily7b II: 57 ]
[*] - In between did some ..
7b casc varied - ~12 min. the exercises were:
pulse high \\ low - higher and higher, then try to pull the pattern back down again (which is hard) - after a few fails, got a pattern back down, and one also even pulsing down and back up again into collapse.
pulse wide \\ narrow - didn't ever get there: at first started with very narrow patterns and maybe managed into wide + collapse. Also right into wide went to collapse. Then tried from normal width intending to go into narrow first and got collisons. Never got the chance to get from wide back to narrow again.
turn against drift - against my usual drift into weakhandside, that is. Got it np on second attempt a 90+° turn into stronghandside.
I really should do more of the kind, as not being able to narrow a too wide pattern at all seems really a major handicap, and getting that down could maybe make a notable overall improvement. And I really also should be able to pull patterns down without having to exercise it first.
Too short. I have to face it: Am on bad terms with discipline, perseverance, unconditionality. I do have unbroken motivation, zeal, eagerness and greediness while doing, though. It's just often a little quarrel to overcome a (current) backache, a kneeache, or whatever body nudging, even those will vanish when juggling (moving). Should be doing two hours more than average 4h, instead of 2h less. Hope to get this fixed as long as it's fall with good outdoor conditions.
Total practice time: 123 minutes
3 small heavy steel balls, Ø 4cm, 300g, - 5 min #otu - as good as never used these for juggling before (maybe tried and refuted) - [ #ballproperties ] they give somewhat stable tiny fast patterns, but aren't really first size & weight choice generally. Maybe for exercise.
3b 200gr, freestyle, misc - 13 min. ( the Ø ~6cm again now) A bit long-time-no-do windmill. It's comparedly easy to do every second throw the other way over (always crossing hands when required), but pretty difficult to get a nice looking equal bows windmill.
5 heavy balls, 200 gr casc - 5 min. 105 throws wristy 6-high. 319 t 5-high. #new #exercises - found, that swaying the pattern sideways left-right-..a.s.o. practises scoop issues and throwing angles very well(!).
5b 56752 - 20 min. Upto an 8 sides clean run. One 9 sides clean. Also here: "wristy" spares dwelltime, makes the rhythm seem slower, and gives me breath to better anticipate what's next and fitting throws and the rhythm, their `melody´, to one another.
7b casc - 115 min. Longest runs (throws): 49, 43, 49 fc (a last ax throw to throwhand-caught), 45, 53, [break], 46 (48?), 45. #SoL #endupatt #mentec #ThinkAs - Made myself an eye for the upper three balls lately and focused and oriented on that floating 3b-cascade as a "top of the pattern" for aiming into well.
That ``top´´ now has a distinct shape!? - not a nebulous notion of empty air somewhere up there, flewn through by balls, anymore; a better gauge for precision, also. Just another ``aspect´´? .. or sth to cling to for getting it constant? .. practise & time will tell. [ daily7b II: 53 ]
[ rain stopped this stint & session ]
Total practice time: 158 minutes